Monday, April 21, 2008

Comic Con 2008: Days 2 and 3

Posted by:
TriPredRavage

Days 2 and 3 of Comic Con, here we go! Okay, so as I mentioned in Day 1's post, Transformers has a severely lacking presence at Comic Con. That said, there wasn't much to see, but what I saw you shall see now. I was lucky enough to find for the low low price of $20 the Beast Wars Rhinox Bust which you can see again here. I mentioned once before that there was an exclusive collectable bust available at Comic Con that was of Thundercracker, but it was about $60 and I was so not down... Anyway, There were a bunch of other busts available such as Prowl (boxed), Ironhide, Devastator (boxed), Starscream, Cliffjumper, Grimlock and of course, Unicron (which, fun fact there were only 1986 ever made; 2 points for who get the reference with that number). Now, up and coming bust are the part that I think is probably one of the most impacting parts of the convention on the Transformers community. Arcee and Rumble don't really do anything, BUT that one that you can see in the back is indeed SOUNDBLASTER. That's right, it is the first official release (that I know of) of the rebuilt and upgraded Soundwave that we all know and love from the Japanese exclusive series Headmasters. So who knows, maybe we can look forward to more future official releases of Japanese exclusive characters? Lastly, I got to see some awesome original pieces of art by Robert Shum. You can see his art here and you can see my AWESOME original Cheetor Sketch here.

Sooo.... that's about it. Like I said, not much a'do with TF, but enough to keep me excited for three days amongst all the other things going on. Happy Viewing Everybody!

No comments: